1lb tri-tip beef roast
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
1 red onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch rounds
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Cut the tri-tip into 1 inch cubes.
2. Place your vegetables into a large mixing bowl and coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Build your skewers. Start by putting vegetables on the skewer about ¾ of the way down. Continue to stack, interspersing the cubed tri-tip with vegetables.
4. Heat your cast iron or grill over a medium high flame. Once hot, place the skewers on with space in between each. This way, you will be able to get a nice char on the meat and vegetables without steaming. Cook the skewers for about 3 minutes on each side.
5. You’ll know when the skewers are ready by taking the temperature of the meat. When it reaches 130ºF-135ºF, remove from heat, because it will continue to rise in temperature as it rests. Enjoy!