Spring Garlic Roast & Toscana Roast Cooking Guidelines
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Before you begin cooking, make sure the roast is at room temperature. Season it liberally with salt and pepper.
2. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan. Cook it in the oven for twenty minutes, allowing the outside to become golden brown, creating a crispy shell.
3. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 325°F. Continue roasting for about twenty minutes, rotating the pan and turning the roast occasionally. Although the USDA recommends pork be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F, our chefs suggest cooking until a thermometer reads 130°F.
4. Once the target temperature is reached, allow the roast to rest for at least twenty minutes before slicing. While the roast is resting, it will continue to cook and its juices will redistribute.
5. Slice the roast into 1⁄2 inch rounds and serve!