Calabrian Pepper-Crusted Pork Loin Roast Cooking Guidelines
Let hundreds of years of butchering tradition be your secret weapon in the kitchen! We call this masterpiece "alla diavola" — it is fiery with Calabrian peppers and has a sweet tang that we find devilishly seductive. There are 2 methods to prepare this roast that we like.
Calabrian Pepper-Crusted Pork Loin Roast Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to325ºF. Before you begin cooking, make sure the pork loin is at room
temperature. Place the roast on a rack and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
2. When the thermometer reads 125ºF, place the pork loin under a high broiler for 10minutes. At this point, the temperature should reach 130ºF-135ºF. Remove the roast from the broiler, the internal temperature of the roast will continue to rise while resting.
3. Allow the roast torest for at least twenty minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
4. Cut into ½ inch thick slices and enjoy!
Pan-Seared Calabrian Pepper-Crusted Pork Loin Medallions
1. Portion the roast into about 1/2 inch thick slices. You can thaw and slice the entire roast or while still frozen (or just slightly thawed) slice off just enough for what you need, and return the rest to the freezer.
2. Heat a pan with olive oil to medium-high heat and sear the medallions for 3 minutes on each side.
3. The bold flavors of the Calabrian chiles will form a delicious sauce in the pan and will coat each medallion as it cooks. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.