Calabrian Pepper-Crusted Pork Loin Roast Cooking Guidelines
Let hundreds of years of butchering tradition be your secret weapon in the kitchen!We call this masterpiece "alla diavola" — it is fiery with Calabrian peppers and has a sweet tang that we find devilishly seductive. There are 2 methods to prepare this roast that we like.
Calabrian Pepper-Crusted Pork Loin Roast Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to325ºF. Before you begin cooking, make sure the pork loin is at room
temperature. Place theroast on a rack and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
2. When thethermometer reads 125ºF, place the pork loin under a high broiler for 10minutes. At this point, the temperature should reach 130ºF-135ºF. Removethe roast from the broiler, the internal temperature of the roast will continueto rise while resting.
3. Allow the roast torest for at least twenty minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
4. Cut into ½ inchthick slices and enjoy!
Pan-Seared Calabrian Pepper-Crusted Pork Loin Medallions
1. Portion the roastinto about 1/2 inch thick slices. You can thaw and slice the entire roast orwhile still frozen (or just slightly thawed) slice off just enough for what youneed, and return the rest to the freezer.
2. Heat a pan witholive oil to medium-high heat and sear the medallions for 3 minutes on eachside.
3. The bold flavors ofthe Calabrian chiles will form a delicious sauce in the pan and will coat eachmedallion as it cooks. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 3-5 minutesbefore serving.