Two Wagyu Burgers & Pork Chops FREE in every order through the holidays! Just write “CHOPPED” in the notes box at checkout ($60 order minimum).
Searing a chop
1. Take the meat out of the refrigerator an hour prior to cooking.
2. Season liberally with salt and pepper on all sides.
3. Preheat a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat until just about smoking.
4. Add a tablespoon of oil and sear chops for 3-9 minutes on each side depending on its size. For pieces with a fat cap, try to render the fat on its edge for an additional few minutes. For larger cuts, add a few knobs of butter to the pan along with a clove of garlic and 2-3 sprigs of thyme, sage, or rosemary and baste for the final 3-5 minutes of cooking.
5. Cook until desired internal temperature is reached. (140-145℉ for pork, 130-135℉ for medium-rare lamb and beef)