1. Take the turchetta out of the refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking to bring it to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Place the turchetta on the rack of your roasting pan with a little water in the bottom of the pan. Cover the turchetta and pan with foil and roast for about 10 minutes per pound, checking the internal temperature after the first 25 minutes.
3. When the internal temperature reaches 135-145°F, remove the foil and broil the turchetta on high for about 10 minutes to achieve golden brown skin.
4. We recommend removing the turchetta when it reaches 155°F because it will continue to rise in temperature after leaving the oven.
5. Let your turchetta rest for at least ten minutes before carving to allow the juices to redistribute. Cut into 1 inch slices and enjoy!
While we take great pride in hand deboning our turkeys carefully, there is always the risk, as with all hand-deboned meat products, that a bone or hard tendon made its way into the finished product. Please chew responsibly as you dive into this succulent heritage Good Shepherd Poultry Ranch bird!