Steak Cooking Guidelines
We think these Wagyu steaks are among the best in the world, and need little more than salt and pepper. We recommend cooking to medium rare to enjoy the full spectrum of their natural flavor.
Cooking a Wagyu Steak
1. Take the meat out of the refrigerator an hour prior to cooking.
2. Season liberally with salt and pepper on all sides.
3. Preheat a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat until just about smoking.
4. Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan and sear the steak for 3-9 minutes depending on its size. For larger steaks, add a few knobs of butter to the pan along with a clove of garlic and 2-3 sprigs of thyme or rosemary. Baste the steak using a spoon for the final 3-5 minutes of cooking.
5. Cook until your desired internal temperature is reached. (120-125℉ for rare, 130-135℉ for medium-rare)
6. Let rest for 3-5 minutes before carving.