For many people, the NY strip is exactly what comes to mind when they think of “steak.” Our Wagyu strip is an incredible version of an all-time classic. Roast whole or cut into steaks before preparing simply with salt, pepper and canola or olive oil.
1. Take the roast out of the refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking to bring it to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. Season the outside liberally with salt and pepper. Heat up canola or olive oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat. When the oil it is lightly smoking, carefully place the roast in the pan, browning all sides for about 4 minutes on each side.
3. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan and put it in the oven. Cook for about 10 minutes per pound for a medium rare to medium roast.
4. Make sure to check the internal temperature every 15 minutes after the first 30 minutes. All ovens are different so cooking times can vary. Cook the roast to an internal temperature of 130ºF-135ºF, remember it will continue to rise in temperature after coming out of the oven.
5. Rest the roast for at least 20 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Carve into steaks, serve, and enjoy!