Our Sugar-Cured Ham arrives fully cooked and is ready to enjoy at room temperature, cold or warm. Please note, the ham can stay frozen for 6 months and still maintain optimal flavor. Once thawed, our ham will keep for 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Place in refrigerator for 2 days prior to cooking or place in a water bath inside original packaging, changing water every 30 minutes for roughly 3 hours per 10 pounds.
To Serve Warm
1. Your Sugar-Cured Ham is fully cooked when it arrives and only needs to be heated through. To begin, your ham should be fully thawed and brought to room temperature before warming.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F.
3. In a roasting pan on a rack, place your ham in the oven so that it is as centered as possible. In the bottom of the roasting pan, pour ½ cup liquid to prevent the ham from drying out. We recommend wine, water or chicken stock.
4. Every 30 minutes, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the ham to gauge an accurate internal temperature. The desired internal temperature should be 130-135°F. We estimate, anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours depending on the size of your ham and your oven.
5. If you are choosing to glaze your ham, prepare the glaze while the ham is warming and only apply during the last 15 minutes of cooking. At this point, raise the oven temperature to 425°F and brush on the prepared glaze.
6. After internal target temperature is reached, rest the ham out of the oven for 10-15 minutes before serving to allow for the redistribution of juices. To serve, slice with a sharp knife. Remember, the ham will be good for 3 weeks in the refrigerator covered tightly.