Two Wagyu Burgers & Pork Chops FREE in every order through the holidays! Just write “CHOPPED” in the notes box at checkout ($60 order minimum).
1. Take the meat out of the refrigerator an hour prior to cooking.
2. Season liberally with salt and pepper on all sides.
3. Place in a roasting pan lined with a rack and cook at 450℉ for 15-20 minutes to create a golden-brown crust.
4. Lower the oven temperature to 250℉ and cook for an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour per pound. Cook until the meat is tender and pulls back from the bone.
5. Remove the roast from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes. For tacos, lettuce wraps, or sandwiches, shred the meat and crisp in a pan. Season or add sauce before enjoying with your favorite accompaniments.
Boston Butt, also known as pork shoulder, is the world's favorite cut for slow-cooked pulled pork in all of its spectacular manifestations — from BBQ sandwiches to classic Mexican carnitas, and perníl, the foundation for a great Cuban sandwich. We love to put them in a smoker for hours, or braise them during the colder months. They can also be slow-roasted and make gorgeous centerpieces for any special meal (with plenty of leftovers!).