A Pork Chop Recipe from the West Coast!
We love hearing from our customers! We want to know what inspires you, and what we can do to be a part of it. Share with us your stories, recipes, and techniques, and we will work hard to do the same!
Reilly, from California, shared with us a recipe for Asian Inspired Glazed Porterhouse Chops. We hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Reilly’s Asian Inspired Glazed Heritage Porterhouse Pork Chops
Let the chops marinate for at least an hour or two, or let them sit in the marinade in the fridge overnight. For thick Heritage chops you just want to grill over medium heat making sure the sugar based marinade doesn’t burn. Cook to 135 or a teeny bit higher and let rest for about 5 minutes. Serve with some chopped cilantro and lime. They are, if I say so myself, amazing!
- 11/2 to 2 tablespoons granulated or light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot or yellow onion
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and finely chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dark (black) soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil