Let’s Talk… Goatober Meatballs for Your Housewarming Party!
Getting ready for housewarming parties can be stressful! Let me take a small load off of your shoulders by introducing our favorite recipe for a simple and delicious appetizer. Goatober (October) is my favorite month, so in celebration I’ve prepared a quick and no-fuss recipe for you.
- 3 lbs. ground goat
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 bunch parsley, picked and chopped
- 1/2 bunch marjoram, picked and chopped
- 2 tbsp. salt, add more if you’d like
- 2 tbsp. curry powder (our mix is equal parts ground coriander, turmeric, mustard, cumin, fenugreek, cayenne, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon)
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, optional for an extra kick
- 1/2 lb. labne (we picked Arz Labne for this recipe)
- 1/2 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
To make the labne sauce, thoroughly mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. So that all of the flavors meld together, mix the sauce together ahead of time – we made ours the day before the event.
Preheat the oven to 450°F
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Try to work quickly and efficiently – you want to make sure all of the ingredients are evenly mixed without overworking the meat.
Form the mixture into walnut sized meatballs and lay the balls out evenly on a baking tray lined with a lightly oiled sheet of parchment paper. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Serve each ball with a dollop of labneh sauce!