Caesar Salad with 'Nduja Breadcrumbs
Elevate quick and easy weeknight meals from butter noodles to caesar salads, and more with this simple 'nduja breadcrumb recipe.
'Nduja Breadcrumbs, yields 1 cup
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons 'nduja
- 2 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs (or coarse homemade breadcrumbs)
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the 'nduja to the skillet stirring with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula to break up the 'nduja to help render the fat, approximately 2 minutes.
Stir in breadcrumbs and cook until toasted and golden brown (about 3-4 mins) and remove to a sheet pan lined with paper towels to dry and cool, store in a paper towel lined plastic container with a lid for about a week at room temperature or at least a month in the fridge or longer in the freezer, add to a simple a bowl of butter noodles or a caesar salad to truly elevate your easy weeknight meals.
Caesar Salad with 'Nduja Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 filets of anchovies packed in oil
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup freshly-grated parmigiano reggiano
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads of Romaine, washed/chopped
- 1 large shallot sliced, thinly on a mandoline
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons 'nduja breadcrumbs
In a blender or pint-sized mason jar and immersion blender, add egg yolks, garlic, anchovies, mustard, lemon juice, parmigiano reggiano, and blend on low speed until combined.
While blending on low, slowly drizzle in ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil into the blender until emulsified. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside
In a large bowl, add lettuce, shallots, cucumbers and season with salt and pepper and toss with enough dressing to coat.
Serve it on a large bowl or platter and top with 'nduja breadcrumbs.