1. Take the Turk-etta out of the refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking to bring it to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 475°F.
2. Season the Turk-etta with salt and pepper.
3. Place the roast on the rack of your roasting pan – some people like to add a layer of potatoes, carrots, onions or other root vegetables under the rack – and pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes, rotating it occasionally to ensure even color of the skin.
4. When the skin is golden brown, reduce the temperature of the oven to 325°F and let the Turk-etta cook for 45 minutes. Rotate it again and allow it to cook for approximately 30 minutes, checking the temperature every 10 minutes or so until it is ready.
5. We recommend removing the Turk-etta when it reaches 160°F because it will continue to rise in temperature after leaving the oven.
6. Don’t forget to let your Turk-etta rest for at least ten minutes before carving to allow the juices to redistribute. Enjoy!