So simple, so versatile – easily our favorite winter side dish.
Relatively inexpensive and packed with nutrients, they are a great way to support an independent farmer during the slow winter season. For this recipe we suggest any combination of potato, sweet potato, onion, leek, rutabaga, parsnip, beet, and sunchoke.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F, plan on an hour cook time.
2. Cut all veggies into a similar size.
3. You can take the flavor profile in any direction. With great veggies we suggest to start with the simplest – High heat oil such as safflower oil, grey sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and as an option – splash of apple cider vinegar. Use a large bowl to mix all ingredients then spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Place in the oven. After a half hour use a spatula to flip veggies so they brown on multiple sides. Once you can easily press a fork through the veg they are ready to serve.
5. Once you pull the veggies from the oven you can serve as is. You can also let the veggies cool and later make into a chilled salad.
The post Roasted Root Veggies appeared first on HERITAGE FOODS USA.