Heritage chickens from Frank Reese are back in stock which means it’s time for a new dinner kit!
Roast chicken stands out as one of our all time favorite meals and we believe that simplicity is key — and high quality ingredients!
This kit includes Chimichurri from Gotham Greens and Native Harvest Wild Rice from Anishinaabe members of the White Earth Reservation, plus Sicilian olive oil from Olive Oil Jones. Shop the kit today!
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes per pound. Serves: 2-3 people.
FROM YOUR KIT:
- 1 Heritage Chicken
- 1lb bag Wild Rice
- 6.5oz Chimichurri Sauce
- Two 1oz Sicilian Olive Oil
YOU WILL NEED:
- Fresh herbs (optional)
- Vegetables of your choice for roasting (optional)
- Take the chicken out of the refrigerator an hour prior to cooking.
- Rub with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and (optionally) your favorite herbs like rosemary and thyme. Roast in the middle of a 325 degrees F oven, calculating 15-20 minutes per pound.
- For the final 20 minutes, turn your oven up to 425 degrees F to crisp the skin.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 155 degrees F, remembering that the temperature will continue to rise after leaving the oven.
- Meanwhile for the wild rice, rinse 1 cup of rice with warm water.
- In a saucepan, cover and bring to a boil 2 ½ cups of water with the 1 cup of wild rice.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until the wild rice has absorbed all of the water, about 15-20 minutes total.
- Carve the chicken into pieces, drizzle the chimichurri sauce over the chicken, and serve over the rice with your choice of roasted root vegetables or a green salad.