Grilling season is upon us! Chef Q created a few marinades spanning different cuisines to up your barbecue game this summer.
- 1 head of garlic minced
- 3 limes (juiced)
- 3 lemons (juiced)
- 2 naval oranges (juiced)
- 1 red grapefruit (juiced)
- 2 Tbsp cane vinegar
- ½ bunch cilantro finely chopped (stem included)
- ½ medium onion (small diced)
Mix the juices, spices, vinegar, minced garlic, diced onion, and chopped cilantro in a medium bowl and add to a large ziploc bag with the pork chops. Marinate in the fridge overnight or for at least six hours. Occasionally turn the pork chops over in the fridge to evenly distribute the marinade.
How to Cook
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator an hour prior to cooking.
- Wipe off excess marinade. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat until hot or heat a grill until hot.
- Add a tablespoon of oil and sear chops for 3-9 minutes on each side depending on its size. For pieces with a fat cap, try to render the fat on its edge for an additional few minutes. The sugar in the marinade will quickly caramelize, so be sure to flip frequently to prevent if from scorching.
- Cook until desired internal temperature is reached. (140-145℉ for pork)
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes before carving.