Grilling season is upon us! Chef Q created a few marinades spanning different cuisines to up your barbecue game this summer.
- 1⁄2 cup pork or chicken stock
- 2 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 3⁄4 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. chili powder
In a saucepan or pot, heat all ingredients over medium-high heat until reduced by 2/3rds. Let cool to room temperature and pour into a ziploc bag with the chops. Let marinate over night in the fridge. Occasionally turn the pork chops over in the fridge to evenly distribute the marinade.
How to Cook
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator an hour prior to cooking.
- Wipe off excess marinade. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat until hot or heat a grill until hot.
- Add a tablespoon of oil and sear chops for 3-9 minutes on each side depending on its size. For pieces with a fat cap, try to render the fat on its edge for an additional few minutes. The sugar in the marinade will quickly caramelize, so be sure to flip frequently to prevent if from scorching.
- Cook until desired internal temperature is reached. (140-145℉ for pork)
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes before carving.