Garlic Pork Roast with Rosemary and Garlic Confit Cooking Guidelines
Let hundreds of years of butchering tradition be your secret weapon in the kitchen! These delicious
pre-seasoned, oven-ready roasts are handcrafted by one of America’s great artisans using, as the principle ingredient, exceptionally marbled Berkshire pork from Newman Farm. Fully seasoned, each bite of this perfectly sized roast is infused with the flavors of slow roasted garlic and fresh rosemary — oven-ready, these simple roasts are sure to make you look like a culinary master!
1. Take the roast out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking to bring it to room temp. Preheat the oven to 475ºF. Season the roast liberally with salt and pepper.
2. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan. Cook it in the oven for 20 minutes, rotating once after 10 minutes for even cooking. Lower the oven temperature to 325ºF.
3. Remove the pan from the oven, add ½ cup of white wine or stock to the bottom of the pan, and wrap the roasting pan tightly with foil.
4. Return the pan to the oven and cook the pork for an additional 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135ºF. The internal temp. will continue to rise even after coming out of the oven.
5. Remove from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Slice into ½ inch rounds and enjoy!