Tenderloin Medallion Cooking Guidelines
1. Season tenderloin medallions with salt and pepper. Heat up a skillet to medium high and add 2 tbsp canola oil. When it begins lightly smoking, carefully place medallions in the pan with at least ½ inch space between each piece — this allows them to get a nice sear instead of steaming each other.
2. After about 3 minutes, flip the medallions and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and rest for 3 minutes before enjoying. Grilled Tenderloin Medallions with BBQ Sauce Ingredients 1 lb Tenderloin Medallions ½ cup barbecue sauce of your choice Salt and pepper to taste ½ lemon Preparation Fire up the grill.
3. When the coals are ready, season the tenderloin medallions with salt and pepper on all sides. Place the tenderloin medallions directly above the coals. Cook for 30 seconds and flip.
4. Baste the surface of the cooked side with bbq sauce (you may have to pull them off of the grill for this – hot!). Place the medallions back on the grill once bbq’d and do the same to the other side. These medallions do not need more than 5 minutes of cooking total, so be quick, because they taste best when cooked to an internal temp of 135ºF. Remember, the internal temperature of the meat will continue to rise after coming out of the oven.
5. Let the meat rest for 4-5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute, squeeze the lemon juice over them, and serve!