Porchetta Cooking Guidelines
1. Thaw and bring to room temperature before cooking. For the crispiest skin, the porchetta must be completely dry. For best results, we suggest leaving the porchetta unwrapped in the refrigerator for three days prior to cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat dry and season liberally with salt.
3. Put the porchetta on a rack inside a roasting pan in the middle of the oven. Rotate the pan 90 degrees every ten minutes for 30 minutes and continue this process until the skin is golden on all sides.
4. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F. Check the internal temperature of the meat often until it reaches 130°F. Ovens differ, but cooking time should be roughly 2-3 hours.
5. Remember the internal temperature will continue to rise once removed from the oven. Our chefs recommend removing the porchetta at 130°F and resting for at least 20 minutes before carving to reach a temperature of 145°F. Carve with a serrated knife.